Extremely tough but lightweight 45ish litre sack for alpine use. It has a Cordura/Kevlar body with a Cordura base and welded seams so is virtually waterproof. It also has lots of sensible features including a very light internal frame, side compressions straps, ski carrying loops, wand pockets, large lid pocket, axe elastics and gear loop attachment points on the waist belt.
We are often asked why the cord used to shut the snow valance and the sack body is so thick (4mm). It is designed to be used to abseil from in an emergency - cunning stuff!
- Removable floating lid - for more versatile load-options and giving 5 litres extra capacity.
- Side compression straps - quick and easy to fit or remove.
- Oversized back haul loop - easy to grab and clip.
- Large lid pocket with taped seams.
- 40mm webbing waistbelt with low-profile full-sized hip-fins.
- Internal sleeve for hydration bladder.
- Two ice-axe holders suitable for modern adzeless axes.
- Stretch wand pockets.
- Reinforced double-layer base panel.
- 4mm Rivory-Joanny drawcords - can be used for emergency abseil anchors.
Fabric: 40% Kevlar/60% Cordura.
Frame: 7mm titanium.
Capacity: 47+5 litres.
Weight (approx.): 1150g.
Three back lengths are available.
Better photos and a more accurate weight to follow asap!